Sunday, March 21, 2010

Lunch with the girls & las flores

Lunch with the girls....ahhh what a lovely pleasure! I feel SO blessed to know & be loved by these extraordinary women. They have become one of my greatest supports these last 15 months! Yes, I could have endured it without them; but to laugh my way through this process made it not only bearable, but 'almost' fun!
(left to right: Rhonda, Maxine, me, Sally & Laurie)

Rhonda kept me giggling and we maybe even 'offended' others while visiting Mayo. (We just can't squelch our glee & I know you find that hard to believe!) I've been she & Jerry's (her hubby) guest many a night and she has chauffeured me back & forth to all of my appointments & there have many, many, many appt's. I've also become a fan of 'Survivor' & 'American Idol' thanks to them. (that's Rhonda on the left in the 'belly laughing' picture.) Maybe you remember that we bought their house here in C.G.) Have I told you we were best friends in the pre-existence? Yep, and we promised to find
each other!

Are there any appropriate words to say THANK YOU for giving you LIFE? I haven't found any as yet. I am alive & NOT on dialysis thanks to Sally! I haven't put this in print before now because I didn't want to cause any family problems. Most of her family don't even know what a precious gift she gave me. Some of them might not necessarily approve.... & I don't want her to suffer because of her generosity. Most of you already know she & Gerry and what a treasure they are to us. They ARE family; we've always known that...and now we REALLY are because I carry part of her inside of me! Again, how can you EVER show enough gratitude for something like that?! Thank you Sally & Gerry for your love and generosity & for all the past 55+ years of fun & cherished memories!


And now one more important thing! Thank you to Keira for my las flores adorning my person at our lunch. Perfectly matching my new jacket. (purchased for $11.99 at Coldwater Creek close-out on-line. SCORE!) I haven't had the nerve to wear it in my hair yet (the flower, not the jacket!).... maybe on my 80th birthday? Which is YEARS & YEARS AWAY!

BTW, for some reason how I write this on the preview site
does NOT resemble the final product. Either I don't know
what I'm doing or it's got a mind of it's own!!! Most likely the
former!

1 comment:

Keira said...

Look fab Mom. I wear mine on my shoulder too. You guys look like you're bursting with affection for each other. Love you!