Monday, March 2, 2009

DON'T CRY FOR ME.....CASA GRANDE'

We've known for a week it was going to happen.... The bishop announced the 7 pm, sunday night meeting, where we would 'realign' ward boundaries & create a new 7th ward. We fretted all week & speculated 'who' would go 'where'. Well, I'm happy to say, dad & I didn't GO anywhere. We're still in 2nd ward, hurrah! We're still the Empty Nesters Family Home Evening Coordinators. (We really do love our calling.)
We lost about 20 families. And yes, there were some tears....I lost the best V.T. I've ever had, Betty Pearson. I always looked forward to our visits.
Why is change so hard? Particularly since 'change' is a given! I believe we have a hard time letting go of the "known" to step into the "unknown" & then there's the CONTROL issue.
Of course, now we are anticipating the division of our stake in a couple of years. That change is inevitable also. And of course, it's a good change, Right? But tears will flow again. But don't cry for me....Casa Grande', I'll be alright.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Did you sing "God Be With You Til We Meet Again"? That's a guaranteed tear jerker at ward realignments, missionary farewells, etc.

Frankie/mom said...

No, we sang: "Sing we now at Parting"! It brought on the water works for some, but I managed to keep dry.

m_perfect said...

All the wards in our stake recently underwent a realignment as well. I didn't care, I'm too new, but, oh yeah, we had special meetings just to deal with peoples anxiety! It is funny that now our neighbors through the back we hardly see ( our new fence didn't help). I am a bit sad about that but when the snow goes away they can always come 'round front.
Great new picture BTW!