ANYWAY.... Rhonda & I set off to see how many 'FREE' meals I could corner. I hit the jackpot! We ate an early lunch at Liberty Market: A lovely panini sandwich (see the 1-bite-missing, plastic-bagged sammy in pic next to ribs), that came with a lovely side dish of roasted yam w/dried cranberries salad and a drink! FREE! Rhonda had minestrone soup, YUMMO, and shared my plate. You know I don't eat that much, so it was perfect. THEN we went across the street to Joe's BBQ. Walked up to the takeout window, said "It's my birthday, what's free?" I got a wonderful bbq pork (pulled) sandwich, a drink, 1 side dish (cheesy potatoes) and a choc. chip cookie. Then we did some errands & made our way to Joe's Farm Grill (part of the same bbq company) They allowed me $10 toward any meal. I ordered a full rack of ribs (the pic is of 1/2 rack, dad ate the other half.) & the requisite accompaniments; the rack was $19.99. Both of these meals I got 'TO GO' so I could bring them home for us to share for the next few days! THEN, we went through the drive thru at Krispie Kreme donuts; I got a full dozen glazed for (you guessed it!) FREE! Shared them with our local missionaries & froze a couple (they're wonderful if you micro them for 10-30 seconds)
AHHHH, it was wonderful! Somehow, when food is free, it tastes so much better! I recommend you all search out the 'freebies' in your own area. Just make a few phone calls & simply ask! All they can say is no! The least you will probably get is a free dessert.
I think when I was younger, I would be reticent to 'beg' for free stuff, but no more! Age brings utter gall and no embarrassment. Old ladies get away with almost anything! tee hee! LOVE IT!
6 comments:
Is it me, or does that Krispy Kreme box say "Hippy Birthday"?
Sounds like a lot of fun.
Are you able to eat a wider variety of food now? Before your transplant you had to cut out some favorites...are they back in?
I hope you had a great birthday!
Love, Debbie
Fun, fun, fun. When Tia and I called it sounded like you were having a blast. All my love and have a great 67th!
Happy Birthday!!! You're right, free stuff always tastes better.
I'm glad you had a great time. I love how you got so many freebies. Hope your 67th year is the best.
The 'A' in Happy isn't quite closed. And I'd say it doesn't matter anyway.....they were FREE! And yes, I can eat a wider variety of foods now....but somehow, I seem to be stuck on my favorite....The cake & cookie diet! I HAVE added potatoes tho. I really missed them.
I had a great, fun day! I highly recommend it!
Some day I will not be n this October to January blur (aka known as Porters). Happy B-day and many many more! ( I actually have something in the works to send...look for it in June-ish ;)
Post a Comment