Yes, it's been about 6 months since I've posted here. But I believe I have a few good excuses, right?
We had a very quiet Christmas this year, since I have to stay clear of people, as is my routine of late. Especially anyone under 18 years old....(they are just walking 'bubonic plagues' to me!) We put up a big tree for the first time in at least 6 years, (we had a very small one while living in the motorhome.) AND we displayed our village as well....can't remember when we last put it out. It's been fun to see again. I'm proud to say I bought that big tree for 90% off after Christmas at Dillards last year. It's nice because it is tall & narrow. And of course, not such a fire hazard!
Being so homebound has been somewhat boring, but necessary. So today, I decided to bake some bread, cinnamon rolls and a cheese/onion loaf. The 'bread-baking' aroma is filling the house with nostalgia. Being so cold here today (it's 65'), it's a perfect day to fire up the gas oven! I had planned to use 1/2 whole wheat (golden 86), BUT something has gone terribly wrong with my Magic Mill high-speed grinder! Argh! Off to the Bosch store in Phoenix for repair, I guess. I've had it since 1980; what's up with that? Shouldn't it last forever?
Dad & I are planning to go to the movies next week (early showing, after the kids go back to school, & when most people won't be there!) I have a purse full of sanitizers, wipes & my own popcorn! Any suggestions for what to see?
We wish you all a wonderful 2o1o, may it be your best year ever!

4 comments:
Welcome back! I would suggest some movies, but we haven't had the time to see any lately. Maybe we'll go, now that the kids (Nathan and Rebekah) are gone - you can tell us what to see.
I love Lucy in the background waiting for just 1 "small" crumb to land on the floor.
Smells wonderful even from a few hundred miles away! Glad to see you back!
You look hot! Glad to see some more of your smiling faces and active lives. Love you!
Brady, Ana, Cam, K-Dawg, & Tia
Post a Comment