So I hear about this thing called "BOUNTIFUL BASKETS CO-OP" from dear friends, Bob & Jean Harford, our thrifty 'nor-easters'(see pic). A few members of our FHE group had tried it and loved it. We drove to a park on the north side of town Saturday morning at 8 am after having placed my order on line by wednesday night. You bring your own boxes & you receive a basket of fruit and a basket of veggies for $15.00 + $1.50 delivery fee. Everyone gets the same things. We got: 1 canteloupe, 9 oranges, 7 bananas, 4 apples, 8 lemons, 1 pomegrante, 1 double pint strawberries, 11 cucumbers, 1 lg head leaf lettuce, 4 tomatoes & 1 cauliflower. So, I immediately went to Wal-Mart with my list & priced everything...(the quality was not as good). The total came to $51.06 compared to my $16.50! I would say the Bountiful Basket quality is equal to Costco. They deliver every two weeks & they also had breads, honey, box of Fuji apples (which I bought 35 lbs for $22) & access to grass-fed beef. It's all volunteer. I will definitely being doing this again in two weeks. Check it out at: bountifulbaskets.org -- they may have it or something like it in your area too!Saturday, November 1, 2008
MY CUP OVERFLOWETH....OR AT LEAST MY BASKET DOES
So I hear about this thing called "BOUNTIFUL BASKETS CO-OP" from dear friends, Bob & Jean Harford, our thrifty 'nor-easters'(see pic). A few members of our FHE group had tried it and loved it. We drove to a park on the north side of town Saturday morning at 8 am after having placed my order on line by wednesday night. You bring your own boxes & you receive a basket of fruit and a basket of veggies for $15.00 + $1.50 delivery fee. Everyone gets the same things. We got: 1 canteloupe, 9 oranges, 7 bananas, 4 apples, 8 lemons, 1 pomegrante, 1 double pint strawberries, 11 cucumbers, 1 lg head leaf lettuce, 4 tomatoes & 1 cauliflower. So, I immediately went to Wal-Mart with my list & priced everything...(the quality was not as good). The total came to $51.06 compared to my $16.50! I would say the Bountiful Basket quality is equal to Costco. They deliver every two weeks & they also had breads, honey, box of Fuji apples (which I bought 35 lbs for $22) & access to grass-fed beef. It's all volunteer. I will definitely being doing this again in two weeks. Check it out at: bountifulbaskets.org -- they may have it or something like it in your area too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Very cool...I can see that working year round down in Arizona. I've never heard of Bountiful Baskets - I'll look it up.
Wow, that's a great deal. Too bad it's not available here. My kids LOVE fruit and like some veggies. I definitely notice a price difference when winter hits.
I looked it up and it only showed it in Arizona :( They might have something like that here during the summer months. What a great idea tho!!
Post a Comment