Wednesday, November 5, 2008

MY 'I VOTED' STICKER IS BETTER THAN YOURS

You must admit my "I voted" sticker really is cool looking! However, it took a bit of work to get it off it's backer paper. I ended up using the razor on my key chain (the same instrument used to stealthfully cut out the pages of art in the chiropractor's office.) to separate the parts.


Oh well, we DID DO OUR DUTY & now we know we are not in main stream America anymore! How very sad! Even more sadly, a couple of our home teachees is an Obama devotee & are very active members! Somehow shocking to my soul, what with his stand on partial birth abortion, et al!


A bit of sunshine news here in Arizona tho (no pun intended)! Proposition 102 passed! The marriage between a man and a woman! Hallelujah! Score one small point for conservatism.


Speaking of HALLELUJAH, we began rehearsals last night for the MESSIAH once again! We are all rusty & don't remember it quite as well as we thought we would, but it certainly was soothing to the soul to sing that memorable 'HALLELUJAH CHORUS', if even badly, in the face of the voting turnout! How wonderful to sing these ancient notes that are still so meaningful to us today. Hard to believe it is 267 years old! Enjoy!
Watch the conductor's right leg; therein lies his enthusiasm for Handel!
(I'm thinking of wearing the red dress for our performance, what do you think? tee hee)

5 comments:

Keira said...

I got to your link but it had copied an extra "http//" so I had to delete that before I got to the link. We'll work out that kink.

And I love that director's leg--he looks like he has restless leg syndrome....

BPowerful2 said...

I didn't get an "I voted" sticker :(
yours is pretty cool. I couldn't get to the link it said there was an error.

m_perfect said...

I love the Messiah! Did you sing with the volunteers in our stake way back in '74 or '75 ( I remember my dress but not the year...how weird is that?!). I remember being in the front row 1 over from the MTC sister...way to go for the Hanna absorbent voice!

Frankie/mom said...

Are you referring to the "Bicentennial Freedom Choir"? Yes, I sang in it under the direction of Mardy Condie and the year was (naturally) 1976. We sang on the railroad tracks of what is now Pioneer Parkway east/west. They built a covered area with choir stands under it... down the way was the Travelling Bicenntenial train museum. One of the great experiences of my life! Never will forget it...a tremendously inspiring, patriotic event that changed me forever.

Mad Runner said...

HA! I remember Nancy and I being in that choir. How I got in is a complete mystery! But it was fun to say I was in it!

You did have the coolest 'I voted' sticker by the way!