
Being on a tight budget can stifle decorating. I was flipping through a 'Phoenix' magazine while waiting for the chiropractor when a page for a art studio caught my eye. There were nine little pics (about 2"x 2") of some offerings (see small pic above.) Liked what I saw, stealthfully slid my retractable razor blade (attached to keys) and sliced out the entire page. Enlarged favorites on my printer & purchased cheap frames. Dad willingly hung them & Ta Da! We now have a smidgen of Southwest decor and a lot of color in our living room. Total cost: less than $20. Question: Should the red-backgrounded pieces be side by side & thus yellow side by side? Or top to bottom same.... you get the idea. Whaddya think?
4 comments:
Okay, do they make you check that razor blade when you board an airplane? How often do you get into knife fights anyway?
And, yes, that is a totally awesome way to pick-up free art.
Since they won't allow me to carry my revolver on my person to fly; one has to have some form of protection! You DO know that I actually do have a concealed weapon's permit, right? Got it a couple of years ago & have yet to buy the chosen weapon: Smith & Wesson 38 cal, with a crimson trace. I'm saving my sheckles; have $220 toward it so far. Sounds like a perfect mothers day gift, right? :) Our bishop is a weapons fan. We go target shooting with he & his wife & other tag-a-longs! It's very empowering & darn fun! Is that too much information? :)
I'm still snickering at the thought of you being furtive with a razor blade in the doctor's office. Very fun visual.
Way to go Idaho! (a line from Toy Story) I'm with Debbie at the thought of you cutting them out in the Dr.'s office.
"Scalpel, Stat!"
Post a Comment