Tuesday, September 23, 2008

SHE COULD HAVE DANCED ALL NIGHT!

Okay, so it's mostly 'fluff', but I have to confess I love "Dancing with the Stars"! This season promises to be at least interesting and we all can thank 82-year old Cloris for that! She stole the show the first night. NOT THAT I GOT TO SEE IT HAPPEN!! Don't I deserve some 'props' for sacrificing my self-indulgence to carry out my calling? Dad & I are the 'empty-nester family home evening group coordinators. Which precludes my own interests. BUT I have a dvr. Which sounds like 'problem solved', right? It would be, if I knew how to use it. I believe I've managed to have it record that show whenever it's on....now all I have to do is figure out how to retrieve it & see it! But I regress....82 years old and she propped that leg up on the judges desk like a 18 yr old! I've always enjoyed her work & it won't be any different while watching her twinkle her toes. They'll be more surprises ahead, me thinks. A winner, yes; win the smalschy mirror ball trophy, no. But fun we'll have along the way. YOU GO GIRL! (if we're lucky we'll make it to 82 & still be able to 'strut our stuff'!)

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I too love Cloris! She should be a hoot to watch.

Keira said...

I never start out watching the season and then get sucked into the vortex about halfway through. That show is so addictive.

m_perfect said...

I love that Cloris started playing an older lady back in the 70's when she was my age ( yikes!). She's always been great! She had all the best lines in Spanglish.