

Anyone who knows dad, knows he doesn't do anything halfway! Here, he is turning our formerly 'turfed' front yard into the grand canyon! We were one of only two yards on our street with lawn and when we paid our $88 water bill last month; well, that made the decision easy! ROCKS RULE! CACTUS ROCKS! (Does he EVER have his picture taken WITHOUT arms outstretched?!) Got to love that man! 70 & still going strong!
5 comments:
I can see the dried river canyon take shape before my eyes.
Glad to see Dad having so much fun with this!
He looks a little like that picture of Noah preaching to the wicked (with a partially contructed ark in the background). I'd keep an eye out for rain clouds.....
So, when are the rocks being delivered? Or is Dad going to accumulate rocks through his daily constitutional?
ROCKS...IT'S A L L about the ROCKS! We picked out our boulders and dressage gravel as well as the River rocks; (also known as RIFF RAFF) for the dry creek beds. The boulders are $.08 per lb. One alone weighed 1500 lbs and we have several. But we want to make a 'statement'. Rocks,et al will be delivered next week as well as selected desert scape plants. I will update progress as it appears. Dad HAS picked up stones as he travels afoot with the dog, good call, Suz! Even I carry 2 stones around with me in an attempt to 'match' our chosen dressage gravel, called "Table Mesa Brown". Dark; looks a lot like bark o mulch, which takes a bow to our northwest roots.
My only worry is when Dad runs out of projects ( I know that that is just problematic!). Will he feel the need to remodel to his satisfaction the REAL G.C.?
Here, BTW, is my blog address...
http://birchesshoes.blogspot.com/
xo Marcy M.BIRCH
Post a Comment