Saturday, September 20, 2008

Destination: GHOST TOWN!


We (Sally, Gerry, Dad & I) took a chance on another movie tonight. Most are filthy or just plain dumb. We may have a winner here! Ricky Gervais (BBC's The Office) is hilarious as is Greg Kinnear & I've always liked Tea Leoni. Maybe you won't find colonoscopies funny, but at our age, this is funny stuff. We laughed ourselves silly; then cried our eyes out; finally found contented resolution. One caveat however.... The BAD word is spoken twice, once at the beginning and again toward the end. There were no sex scenes or anything like unto it. The only criticism I could make would be having a small difficulty understanding some of Ricky's dialect. He gets very british a few times.



3 comments:

Debbie said...

Glad to see a review of this movie- Steve and I like to go but hate to pay movie for trashy films. This looked good. Maybe next weekend.

Keira said...

I wish those Brits would just speak plain English! :-)

Kidding.

Nathan and I haven't been to a good movie in ages--looking forward to this one.

m_perfect said...

Love Tea Leoni (yes, even in Spanglish where she played a very unlovable person, she did it well!)Wynn and I watched "Witness for the Prosecution" last night and he appropriately snickered at all the little "asides" the Brits muttered under their breath(s), so we may try this one out (since I do ( and ALWAYS will!!! )care very deeply whether he enjoys it too!)