Saturday, September 20, 2008

TIME TO 'ROCK & ROLL'!




So I'm now a 'rock-hugger'...not so many trees to hug around here & opted NOT to 'hug' cacti for obvious reasons! That big boulder weighs around 1600 lbs. Guy with tractor helped dad remove sod & haul it away. Suz, don't worry that dad will EVER run out of projects! He has endless energy & ideas. I see guys much younger that look/act much older! I'm SOOO grateful he is still strong & able!


6 comments:

Keira said...

Wow. You're right. That boulder does make an impact. Anything smaller and I guess you're just fooling yourself.

I'm trying to imagine the thunder-y crash as it slid onto the street.

Debbie said...

Size is everything...a huge boulder is MUCH cooler and has a bigger impact (did it have much of an impact on the street?) than a bunch of smaller ones.

Can't wait to see the finished product.

Stephen said...

Impressive!!

You may not have big trees to climb but big rocks work great. Just make sure Dad leaves it to the kids to play "King of the Mountain" on top of the boulders.

Suzanne said...

Well, there is nothing half hearted about those boulders. You are going to make quite a statement with those puppies!

Suzanne said...

So, how many sacrament meeting were used in the planning stages of the new landscape? I remember Dad drawing out the "D" st. landscape during sacrament meetings. :)

Frankie/mom said...

You know dad, he never wastes time, so when he cannot hear the speaker in sacrament meeting, out comes the day's bulletin & he begins to design 'something'! I've watched him design many a project and saw it to fruition. Yes, the present front yard fits into that arena as well. I should have kept them all stashed safely for future decendants to admire. Keep your eye on this spot; more pictures/commentary to come on this project!